2016-03-09

Maybe I'm wrong

I totally did not expect this.
I lived through the embarrassment and fear, and decided to say who cares, do better, move on. I shouldn't have to constantly be on the defense, listing off my accomplishments just to prove that I am more than something that happened 13 years ago.
Let's move on, already. I have.
I am empowered by my body. I am empowered by my sexuality. I am empowered by feeling comfortable in my skin. I am empowered by showing the world my flaws and not being afraid of what anyone is going to say about me. And I hope that through this platform I have been given, I can encourage the same empowerment for girls and women all over the world.
I had always considered Kim to be a cultural punchline; somebody representative of the rot of anti-intellectualism and escapist celebrity worship. 

This post, and seriously read the whole thing, shows a depth of character that one wouldn't pick up on from the minimal exposure one receives by not living under a rock in a cave next to the unibomber's shack.

She's not some vapid, mindless drone; she's absolutely right.

I had no idea it was international women's day today.  My mother was (is) a woman!  I know one or two of them!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.